In the 24 hours since I finally completed the letter to Dad that I posted yesterday, that I had left half finished for three weeks I have felt lighter in my heart than I have for some time. I think there are a couple of reasons for this, and I am going to list them in succinct dot points, Fleur style (in case you don’t know who Fleur is, she is one of best friends and writes a highly entertaining blog called MY EGO AND ME which you can find here: http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/24672493/
I am going for succinct because I have stuff to do and for the first time in ages, I am actually a little bit excited about some of that stuff – like writing. The more mundane stuff, well meh, but I don’t feel the heaviness about life that I have felt and I reckon I might even find the energy to tidy up my office tomorrow.
I have shed my musty old melancholy coat and am (metaphorically) wearing something far more hip(ster) … because a girl who has exciting stuff to do cannot be weighed down. I don’t know that I am back completely, because I have also acknowledged that grief takes time to disperse and no matter how forthright you are about setting some stupid time frame on that, grief will do her own thing as she knows best. There is a gift in that somewhere. Being able to be authentic and real about how sad you feel. From there, you can start to heal.
Anyhow, back to that succinct list of exciting things I have to do this week, in no particular order of excitement:
- Dust off the bulldog clipped 95,000 words of my novel and get my Detective Cassidy Ryan on!
- Tidy my office
- Finish my BAS
- Complete a couple of client’s resumes – Sophie, Kendal this is you!
- Finalise a report for a development project
- Get a pedicure
- Send out 500 brochures to get some new work in
- Finalise a report for a client in Gero so I can have a good reason to get up there to visit Larsy and Dave
- Go on a first date with a lovely man (hence the pedicure)
Betcha you can’t guess which two of the above that I am the most excited about 🙂